Aoili has got to be one of the best treats there is. An absolute delight with some twice cooked chips. Homemade aoili sounds petrifying but is honestly so much easier than expected and is certainly one to wow people with the added home cook touch.
- Two garlic cloves
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- Half a lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Warm oven at 180C. While you wait for the oven to get to temperature place the garlic cloves in a small roasting tin and drizzle with half a tsp of olive oil.
- Roast garlic for 45 minutes
- Whisk egg yolk and Dijon mustard together in a bowl.
- Pour oil in very slowly whilst whisking.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add the lemon. This ‘cooks’ the egg yolk.
- When all the oil has gone in. Squeeze in the roasted garlic cloves and season to taste. You may want to add more lemon juice.
- Store in a fridge for a maximum of 24 hours.
One thought on “Roasted Garlic Aoili”