- Half of a butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- Double cream
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- Heat oven at 180 degrees fan.
- Chop butternut squash into large chunks (leave the skin on). Chop onion into large bits and take the skin off of the garlic gloves, leave them whole. Place into a roasting tin.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on the chilli and add a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Roast for 40-50 mins.
- Once the butternut squash is cool enough to handle remove the skin and add to a saucepan, along with the roasted onion and garlic.
- Add the warm vegetable stock, a stock cube is fine.
- Using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Heat the soup and serve
Drizzle with cream and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds