Spring is here and it’s the season for Jersey royals to be popping up all over our local supermarkets. Although they have a distinct taste and are incredibly fresh, they can also be a little dull.
Don’t get me wrong, a large knob of butter can never go a miss, but we all know that can get boring.
I haven’t come up with a ground breaking recipe here, but if you can eat dinner within 15 mins of getting in from a long day at work then you’re onto a winner.
Smashed potato salad!
- 1 pack of jersey royals
- 100g frozen peas
- 6 tsp Tartare sauce
- 2tsp Horseradish sauce
- Half or quarter the potatoes and pop into boiling water for 12-18 mins (until the potatoes are soft)
- Just before the potatoes are ready, pour in the peas to cook very quickly for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and peas into a colander and run under cold water until the potatoes are cool
- Smash the potatoes in a bowl with a fork. Stir through the sauces and lightly press together.
- 1 fillet of Salmon pan fried for 12 mins (6 mins on each side). Make sure you start frying with the skin down – no one wants soggy salmon skin!
- Mustard dressing
- Of course – the potatoes!
- A sprinkling of dill and chives