Easter might be long gone, but I can guarantee some of you have a few Easter eggs still lying around. I have a perfect way to use up the leftover chocolate that’s lying around and even better if you want to impress friends with a MEGA easy dessert.
Prep: 10 mins, minimum of 2 hours chilling
- 3 tbsp Instant coffee
- 160g Sponge Fingers
- 200ml double cream
- 250g Mascarpone
- 100ml Vanilla & coconut yogurt
- 2 drops of Vanilla extract
- 2 packs of mini eggs
- Chocolate (preferably dark) for grating
- In a shallow dish put the coffee and 400ml of hot water (boil the kettle and leave for 10 mins to avoid burning the coffee).
- Whilst waiting for the water to cool slightly. Whisk the double cream, mascarpone and yogurt together in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the mixture forms a whipped cream and is thick in texture. You’re now ready to pour the water onto the coffee.
- Once the coffee has dissolved. Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee for a maximum of two seconds either side – you don’t want them too soggy.
- Layer the sponge fingers in a glass dish (so you can see the layers) and then add the whipped cream mixture, mini eggs and repeat.
- Pop in the fridge for a minimum of two hours or over night.
- To serve: grate the chocolate, a light sprinkle of coffee powder and the final mini eggs.
The mixture will last in the fridge up to two days.
For an extra indulgence you can even grate the chocolate in between each layer of the sponge fingers.