Brunch is covered with this one!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 x Brioche loaf – 4 slices
- 1 x Handful of Strawberries
- 1 x Large Egg
- 200ml x Milk
- 1 tsp x Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp x Butter
- 125g x Ricotta Cheese
- 1 x Mint Stalk (Leaves picked and torn)
- 1 tsp x Balsamic Glaze (from Sainsbury’s)
- Cut the brioche loaf into large slices and set aside
- Chop the strawberries into slices and set aside
- Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla essence together in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the brioche into the egg mixture for a total of 10 seconds and then flip for a further 10 seconds. The bread is super absorbent and will break up if you leave it for much longer. And nobody wants that! Repeat the process for each slice of bread.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Fry one side of the bread for around 3 minutes until it’s golden brown. Flip to the other side and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Now for the construction! Cut the toast in half and layer each slice with the ricotta.
- Blue Peter those prepped strawberries and bring them back out to top your ricotta toasts.
- Tear the mint leaves over the top for that fancy chef look.
- Drizzle with Balsamic Glaze.
Do the kitchen dance