Spice up your weekend with this chunky arrabbiata sauce.
Prep time: 20 mins Cooking time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1x Carrot
- 1x Celery
- 1x Handful of Basil
- 3x Garlic Cloves
- 1x Red Onion
- 1x Courgette
- 1x Red Chilli
- 1 Tbsp x Sunflower Oil
- 800g x Chopped Tomatoes
- 500ml x Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 250ml x White Wine
- 1 Tbsp x Balsamic Vinegar
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp x Chilli Flakes
- 320g x Penne Pasta
- Parmesan (optional to serve)
1. Prep your veg. Chop your carrot, celery, basil, garlic (finely), red onion, courgette and red chilli.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 mins until soft.
3. Add the courgette. Cook for a further 3 mins.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes. Stir and then add the stock. Followed by the red chilli. Stir and add the white wine. Add in the balsamic vinegar and the basil. Now it’s time for salt and pepper and the chilli flakes.
5. Let the sauce cook and down for at least 45 mins. The longer you cook the sauce the richer it gets.
6. Once you’re happy that your sauce is ready it’s time to boil that pasta. Boil a pan of water, around 800ml of. Add a large pinch of salt to the water. Pour in your pasta and cook for 10-13 minutes. I like mine cooked at 12 minutes.
7. Stir your pasta through your sauce. It means the pasta gets fully covered.
8. Serve with a generous portion of parmesan for good measure.
Do the kitchen dance…