Another dish for your Christmas table, but it’s a good’n. You can please the fusspots and who doesn’t like a lovely bubbling, cheesy, crispy side to their roast? This has been served up in separate dishes for a bit of a fancy party, but you can do a big old batch.
Prep & Cooking time: 1 hour
- 900g frozen cauliflower
- 40g Butter
- 20g Plain Flour
- 400ml Milk
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- 1 x Mozzarella Ball
- Heat the oven to 180C Fan.
- Place the cauliflower in a roasting tin and place in the oven for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, make your cheese sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan. Using a whisk stir in the flour to make a roux. In 100ml bursts stir in the milk and continually whisk. Once it’s thickened add more milk and repeat.
- Stir in half of the cheddar to the sauce.
- Stir in the roasted cauliflower to the sauce. Pour into a dish. Put the rest of the cheese and rip the mozzarella. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the cheese is crisp and golden.