It’s a Christmas Eve tradition in my family to get cosy with a mulled wine and make cheese straws and sausage rolls.
Prep & cook time: 30 mins
- 500g Puff Pastry
- 120g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 180C Fan.
- Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Sprinkle 100g of the grated cheese over the pastry.
- Cut into even strips and twist the pastry.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the tops with the beaten egg. Then sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the top.
- Lay on a linked baking tray and bake for 15 mins, until golden.