It’s a Christmas Eve tradition in my family to get cosy with a mulled wine and make sausage rolls and cheese straws.
Prep & Cook time: 30 mins
- 500g Puff Pastry
- 500g Sausage Meat
- 50g pickle (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 x tbsp Nigella Seeds
- Heat the oven to 180C Fan
- On a floured work surface, roll the puff pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Leaving an inch along the longest side. Squeeze the sausage meat onto the pastry to create a long line. If you’d like to add pickle, you can spread this onto the pastry before laying out the sausage meat.
- Along the inch that you’d left, using a pastry brush coat in the beaten egg. Cut 2 inches the other side of the sausage meat and fold the pastry over. Repeat the process until the ingredients are used up.
- Brush the tops with the remaining beaten egg. Cut into equal pieces.
- Lay on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Enjoy warm.