This recipe is a perfect mid-week winter warmer. It’s been created with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in mind, using natural ingredients to balance insulin and it’s vegetarian too!
Prep & Cook time: 30 mins
- 2 x Sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 200g Kale
- 225g Halloumi
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dark tahini
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Pre-heat the oven at 190 fan. Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into small chunks. Put into a roasting tray and cover with 1 tbsp olive oil. Pop into the oven for 20 mins, until golden and soft.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing. Stir together the olive oil, dark tahini and honey. It will combine into a really creamy dressing.
- Boil your kale in a saucepan for 4 mins
- Meanwhile, fry the halloumi in a griddle pan over a high heat, until it has char lines on both sides and is a lovely golden brown. This should take around two mins on each side.
- Now you’re ready to plate up – enjoy!