Who doesn’t love mac and cheese? Well it just got a whole load cheesier! (I didn’t think it could get much cheesier with that line either!)
Cook & prep time: 30 mins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 100g Emmental Cheese
- 60g Mature Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp mustard (I use wholegrain)
- 125g Mozzarella
- 25g Parmesan
- 250g Macaroni
- Heat the oven to 180C Fan.
- Make a start on your bechamel. Start by melting the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour. This should create a paste. Now gradually add in the milk, around 100ml at a time to avoid lumps. Once the sauce thickens, add the next 100ml milk and so on.
- Meanwhile, boil the macaroni in salty, boiling water.
- Once the sauce has thickened, stir in emmental & cheddar into your sauce. Stir, then add the mustard and season with pepper.
- Once the macaroni is done (around 6-8 mins) stir into the sauce.
- Pop it into an oven proof dish. Top with the remaining cheddar, mozzarella and the parmesan for saltiness.
- Bake for around 20 mins or until golden brown.