It’s not Christmas without mince pies and this is a super easy recipe that I think will convince even the mince pie haters!
Cook & prep time: 30 mins
- 500g Puff Pastry
- 411g Mincemeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 fan.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a thickness of the £1
- Taking a spoonful of the mincemeat, smear across the pastry until fully covered. You should need all of the mincemeat.
- Cut the pastry horizontally in 2cm strips.
- Lift onto a lined baking tray. Just before you place the pastry down, twist it multiple times and then squash the ends down onto the tray. Repeat the process for each mince pie twist.
- Using a pastry brush add the egg wash to the parts of the pastry without mincemeat.
- Pop in the oven for 20 mins.
- Once out the oven, leave to cool for 10 minutes before dusting with icing sugar. The mincemeat may have spilled out a little, but the messier the better right?!