It’s sticky, it’s sweet and it could be used for multiple desserts! Stir it into a cheesecake, use it as a sauce or just eat it from the spoon.
Prep & cook time: 1 day & 30 mins
- 100g raisins
- 50g glace ginger
- 1 orange, juice & zest
- 3 tbsp cognac
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 450g caster sugar
- 120g butter, at room temperature
- 125ml milk
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a bowl, add the raisins, glace ginger, the juice and zest of one orange and 2 tbsp cognac. Combine and cover with cling film. Leave it for a day to soak up the flavours, but it won’t be too strong!
- In a saucepan add the rest of the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil and continually stir for 10 mins over a high heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir continuously for 5 mins using a whisk to cool slightly. Once the 5 mins is up, add in your raisin mix which will be packed full of flavour. The sauce can be used straight away or stored for later.
- Pour into a lined tray on a cooling rack.
- Once cool pop in the fridge.