Whether you’re looking for a brunch on Christmas morning or need to use up your panettone post festive season, this breakfast is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Prep and cook time: 10 mins
- 1 slice of panettone
- 2 eggs
- 80ml milk
- 60ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 orange, zest & juice
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 10g dried cranberries
- Cut a slice of panettone and cut in half to create two triangles.
- In a shallow bowl add in the eggs, milk, 40ml of double cream and vanilla extract. Whisk together with a fork.
- Taking one half of the brioche, dip in the egg mixture for 30 seconds and then flip it over. Repeat on the other slice.
- Meanwhile heat the oil, over a medium heat fry the bread for two minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- While the french toast is frying, in a separate bowl. Whisk together the remaining cream, icing sugar, 1/4 orange zest and a small squeeze of the orange juice. Whisk until thick.
- It’s time to plate up! Put the french toast on a plate, drizzle the maple syrup over, scatter the dried cranberries and 1 tsp of your orange cream. If you have some zest left on the orange you can scatter that over too.
- Enjoy! You’re well and truly setup for the day now.