God tier Toad in the Hole!
Prep & cook time: 1 hour
- 140g Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 175ml milk
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 8 Cumberland sausages
- 8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the flour, eggs and milk. Whisk until smooth and small bubbles have formed. Set aside.
- In an oven dish pour in tbsp oil, pop in the oven for 10 mins. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat a tbsp oil to brown the pigs in blankets (all you need to do is wrap the bacon around the sausages). Turning the sausages regularly. In a saucepan you’re going to add the red onion to a tbsp oil and sweat the onions down until soft. Once softened, add in the balsamic glaze for one minute. Then turn off the heat.
- Take the preheated dish out of the oven. Evenly place the pigs in blankets into the dish, add the onions over the top and then pour oven your pre-made batter mix. Pop back in the oven for around 40 mins until the batter has risen and is lovely and golden. Make sure you don’t open the oven before the batter has risen!
- You’re ready to serve! Plate up with greens and gravy for the most heartwarming dinner. Enjoy!