If you’re ready to crack into the cheeseboard or if you have left over cheese hanging around (unlikely!) then this is a great way of using up leftovers.
Prep & cook time: 10 mins
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml vermouth, rosso
- 100g cheese (cheddar is great)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Preheat the oven/grill. Lightly toast the sourdough, it needs around 1-2 minutes in the toaster.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter and plain flour to create a paste using a whisk. Pour in the vermouth and this will create your sauce. Add in the cheese, mustard, grinding of black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. This should make the sauce lovely and thick.
- Add the sourdough to a baking tray, pour on the sauce and put under a grill for around three minutes, until golden.
- It’s ready to eat – enjoy!