It’s tradition in our family to make cheese straws on Christmas eve. This is a great alternative!
Prep & cook time: 25 mins
- 320g pre-rolled puff pastry
- 4 tbsp marmite
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a lined baking tray.
- Lay out the pre-rolled puff pastry. Add on the marmite and the grated cheddar right up to the edges.
- On the pastry’s shorter side, begin to roll into a sausage shape. You should get quite a few turns this way.
- Cut evenly, into roughly 2cm width.
- Lay on their sides on the pre-prepared baking tray. Egg wash the parts of pastry that don’t have cheese and marmite.
- Put in the oven for around 20 mins, until golden brown. Don’t open the oven door until they’ve had at least 15 mins otherwise the pastry will drop.