Here at Oh My Nosh we love nothing more than an easy dinner and this absolutely is it! This dish is also perfect for menstruation because of the slow releasing carbs, omega 3 and all round tastiness.
Cook and prep time: 30 mins
Stage of Cycle: Menstruation
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 60g chorizo, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g butter beans
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cod skinless cod loins
- 3 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- Handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- In an ovenproof frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the chopped chorizo for around three minutes until crisp. Remove from the pan.
- Into the chorizo oil, fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add a few chilli flakes and the rosemary, before adding in the tin of tomatoes. Fill the tin a third full with water and add to the pan. Cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes, so the liquid reduces.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- For the crumb, combine the breadcrumbs, chopped flat leaf parsley, chopped basil and grated Parmesan. Pour in the remaining Tbsp olive oil and stir so it’s combined.
- After the 15 minutes is up, pour in the butter beans (with the water) and the chopped cherry tomatoes. Combine it all together. Lay the cod over the tomato mixture and sprinkle the crumbs over the top side of the cod.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins until golden.
- Enjoy your date night!