Super easy homemade crunchies, with a dark chocolate outside for the menstrual cramps!
Cook & prep: 1 hour 15 mins
Stage of cycle: Menstruation
- Butter for greasing
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 Tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g dark Chocolate
- Grease a tin and set aside. In a large saucepan, heat the caster sugar and golden syrup. Stirring until the sugar grains have dissolved and try not to let it boil before it has.
- Once fully melted turn up the heat until it turns to an amber colour. Turn off the heat and then quickly stir in the bicarbonate of soda and beat with a wooden spoon. The mixture will start to bubble a bit like something out of a science lab, quickly pour into the tin!
- Leave to cool and set for one hour.
- Once the hour is up, melt your chocolate over a Bain Marie. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Prep a cooling rack, with parchment or foil underneath. Smash your honeycomb into pieces and dip into the melted chocolate. Place onto the cooling wrack and allow any excess chocolate to drip through.
- You can wait for it to harden or gobble it down in pure messy delight, either way I hope you enjoy!