It’s officially Autumn and I have the perfect transitional salad to warm you up on those cooler evenings, but can also be taken to work in your lunch box the following day. This salad is perfect for ovulation due the kale being nutrient dense in vitamins which will help support your body through ovulation.
Prep & cook time: 15 mins
Menstrual cycle: Ovulation
For the salad:
- 200g kale
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 2 tbsp crispy onions
- 2 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- Manchego cheese shavings
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp raisins
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil and dijon mustard. Add in a pinch of salt, pepper and sugar. Then pour in the raisins to soak up the flavour.
- Boil the kale for approximately 3 mins, so that it still has a little bit of bite. Meanwhile, cut the apple into large chunks.
- Once the kale has cooked, drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- It’s time to assemble the salad! On a large serving plate arrange the kale. Create little wells in the leaves to add the the prosciutto. Sprinkle over the apple chunks, crispy onions, chopped walnuts. Pour over the dressing – with the raisins for little punches of flavour. Using a potato peeler, shave the manchego over the top and then you’re ready to serve.
- Pop the salad in the middle of the table and let everyone dive in. Enjoy!