This super easy warm salad has autumn written all over it. Add it to the shopping list and whip it up for a WFH lunch. The pumpkin seeds and kale are brilliant for the follicular phase.
Stage of cycle: Follicular
Cook and prep time: 40 mins
- 1 small pumpkin
- 2 tbsp pumkin seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 bag of kale (200g)
- 6 silverskin pickled onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Handful pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Meanwhile prep your small pumpkin, cutting into slices, leaving the skin on. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put into the oven to roast for 30 mins, turning half way through.
- In a pestle and mortar add in the pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, mustard seeds and sumac. Crunch them down to a chunky dust, this will make your dukka.
- Once the pumpkin has roasted for half an hour, sprinkle over the dukka and pop back into the oven for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil your kale for 2 mins. Slice the pickled onions.
- It’s time to plate up! Add the kale, pop on the roasted pumpkin, sprinkle over pickled onions, pomegranate seeds, feta and pistachios. Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!