12 days of Noshmas is back, where Oh My Nosh brings you 12 delicious recipes everyday in the build up to Christmas day.
Prep and cook time: 50 mins
– 500g parsnips
– 2 tbsp chilli oil
– 1 tsp chilli flakes
– 2 slices of bread, cut into cubes
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 900ml veg stock
– 1 tsp dried rosemary
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– 100ml double cream
– hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Remove the stalks of the parsnips and cut in half. Pop onto a baking tray. Drizzle with chilli oil and sprinkle with chilli flakes. Roast in the oven for 30 mins, turning them halfway through.
2. Pop the bread into an oven proof dish and drizzle with sesame oil. Put into the oven for 20 mins until golden brown.
3. Once the parsnips are roasted, put them into a saucepan along with the veg stock (a cube is fine!), the rosemary and thyme. Boil for 5 mins before taking off the heat and blitzing with a hand blender.
4. When the soup is smooth, put back onto a low heat and stir in the double cream.
5. Pour into bowls, add on the croutons, the roughly chopped hazelnuts and a drizzle of chilli oil. Enjoy!