Cook and prep time: 1 hour
Stage of cycle: Luteal phase
- 320g shortcrust pastry ready roll pastry
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 200ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- 100g gruyere, cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 fan. Grease a tart tin and gently unroll the pastry over the top. With a fork, lightly prick holes over the pastry. Line with baking paper and baking beans and blind bake for 15 mins. Remove the paper and beans and then pop back into the oven for a further 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, over a med-low heat melt the butter, then add in the onions and stir until coated in the butter. Add in the sugar, thyme and rosemary. Turn the heat down and cook the onions until caramelised, this will take around half an hour. Stir occasionally to ensure that they don’t burn.
- In a jug, combine the double cream, eggs and gruyere cheese. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour into the tart case and bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!