The Chicken Big Mac didn’t manage to hang around for long. In the meantime I thought I’d show you how to make your very own from the comfort of your own home! No drive thru queues, no sold out items. You’re good to go!
Cook and prep: 30 mins
Stage of cycle: menstruation
- 3 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 75g cornflour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100ml veg oil
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Half an iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 brioche seeded buns
- 3 slices of burger cheese
- As many gherkins as you like
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees. This is to keep the chicken warm while you fry in batches. If you have an air fryer you could use that instead!
- Take a chicken breast and dip into seasoned cornflour, before dipping into the beaten egg. Once dipped return to the cornflour and coat fully. Knock off the excess flour and repeat with the other pieces of chicken.
- In a wok (I find this easier to shallow fry in and doesn’t make such a mess) heat the veg oil over a medium-high heat. Add in a couple of pieces of chicken at a time and fry for 2-2 and a half minutes each side. If air frying, this should take around 6-8 mins, until golden. Pop onto a lined baking tray into the oven to keep warm, before repeating the rest of the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Meanwhile, lightly toast your brioche. You’ll need two bottoms and a top, per burger.
- It’s time to build the beast! Layer the bun, sauce, lettuce, cheese and chicken. Repeat and and top with the seeded bun top. Enjoy!