Stage of cycle: Menstruation
Cook and prep time: 30 mins
- 2 Tbsp oats
- 750ml beef stock
- 750g pork and beef mince, combined
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 1/2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 red onion, grated
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp veg oil
- 100ml single cream
To serve: Mashed potato, dill and cranberry sauce
- In a small bowl, soak the oats in 150ml of beef stock and set aside. In a large bowl, add the combination of pork and beef mince, paprika, dried thyme, 2 and a half Tbsp plain flour, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, egg and the soaked oats. Mix well, until fully combined.
- With wet hands (this stops them from sticking) take a small tsp size amount of meat and roll it in the palm of your hands. Set aside ready to fry, repeat until all the mince has been used. Once all of the meatballs have been made, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the meatballs for 2-3 mins on each side, over a high heat, until brown. Once fully cooked, remove from the heat and transfer to a clean plate.
- Drain some of the excess fat from the frying pan, but keep some in the pan and replace on the heat. Add 1 Tbsp flour and stir, before pouring in 600ml beef stock. Stir until thickened. Remove from the heat, before adding the single cream.
- Serve up alongside, mashed potato, top with cranberry sauce or lingonberry if you’ve had a trip to IKEA recently and top with fresh dill. Enjoy!