Not a fan of Christmas pud? Why not make this sweet, sticky, luscious dessert post Christmas dinner?
Prep & cook time: 1 hour, 30 mins
- 50g butter
- 400g brioche bread, sliced
- 350ml Milk
- 50ml Double cream
- 2 eggs
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g white chocolate
- 100g fresh cranberries
- Grease a large oven proof dish.
- Slice the brioche into thin slices, butter one side and cut into triangles. Place one layer of bread butter side up into the dish. Sprinkle with half of the chocolate and the cranberries. Repeat the process until you’ve used up all of the bread.
- Warm the milk and cream in a pan over a low heat. Don’t let the milk boil. Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the sugar. Whisk until pale. Slowly pour in the warm milk and cream mixture, continue to stir to make sure the eggs don’t become scrambled! Once all of the milk and cream has been added, stir in your vanilla extract. Pour over the layers of bread and leave to sit for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place in the oven for 15 mins. After 15 mins cover with tin foil and replace back into the oven for a further 15 mins. Make sure the custard has set and that the top has a lovely golden brown colour.